It is no longer news that all the Naira Mastercard‘s in Nigeria is no longer working for international online transactions which is already annoying. Now, to pay for a $10 dollar transaction, you need to pass through stress which was not like that before.
However, as time goes by, I’ll be writing about the different ways you can do international transactions with virtual dollar cards.
Today, let’s talk about Pyypl.
Pyypl (pronounced “people”) is an international financial services provider based in UAE and Bahrain. It allows people to create MasterCard payment cards and digital wallets for online transactions.
How PyyPl Work
Pyypl is a digital wallet and Mastercard payment service that allows people to shop easily on the internet. You can have your own international Mastercard payment card on the Pyypl app. This can be done in few minutes after which you can start using it.
The Pyypl app also comes with a digital wallet. You can receive money into your wallet, send to other people and also spend it.
- Register. Download the Pyypl app and sign up in a few easy steps.
- Verify. Confirm your identity with an ID or passport.
- Top up. Load your app using a wide range of top-up options.
- Spend. Start using your virtual Mastercard for your everyday spending.
What You Can Do With PyyPl
- You can shop on foreign websites by using your Pyypl online Mastercard
- Add funds easily through your bank credit and debit cards
- Account creation is free. The only document you need is your National ID
- You can send and receive money from other Pyypl users, through your Pyypl digital wallet
- Track your spending and online shopping history with the Pyypl app
- Recharge your airtime and subscriptions on the Pyypl app
You can freeze and unfreeze your Pyypl card anytime you want. That way, no other person can use it without your consent.
Where to Download it
Once you have the Pyypl mobile app on your phone, Open it , create an account, follow the onscreen instruction to verify your phone number.
The next page is for Identify verification. Here you have to capture the front and back photographs of your NID Card or any government issued ID card. Once you are done press the Next button.
Provide your full name and submit
Once your Identity has been verified, go ahead and create a Pyypl virtual MasterCard from your dashboard.
How to Fund Your Pyypl Digital Wallet
To add funds to your Pyypl digital wallet, do the below
- Go to your Pyypl dashboard
- You will see the “Add Money” button beside your account balance
- Under the fund options, click on “Debit Card Load“
- On the next page, there is a slider that you can use to select the amount of money you want to add to your Pyypl account
- Provide the bank details of your debit card and click on “Pay“
The amount will be deducted from your bank account and added to your Pyypl account. Go back to your dashboard and you will see that your account balance has increased with the amount you just added.
Kindly note that Pyypl is not a bank account. Instead, it’s an online payment service provider, similar to Paypal.